Buying a new car is exciting—getting behind your new wheels and driving around. For some, the excitement is short-lived because they don’t put in an effort to maintain their car.
It doesn’t take long for a brand new car to age and appear old. The wear and tear it experiences from the road and weather leave it dirty and messy.
For your car to look brand new for years to come, you have to ensure it is washed regularly followed by proper drying. Waxing your car to protect its paint and opting for car detailing is also essential to the pristine look of your car.
We have the rundown on how you can keep your car looking brand new for years. All it takes is a bit of love and effort from your end.
Washing your car once a week should be part of your routine. This removes the dirt and grime that the car picks up throughout the week.
You have two options; you can either hand wash the car yourself or take it through an auto-car wash. We recommend taking it to an auto-car wash at least once a month.
When washing on your own, consider the following:
- Rinse the car off with a hose first. The water will remove most of the dirt and grime.
- Use soap designed specifically for cars along with a microfiber washcloth.
- Work your way from top to bottom.
- The process will be easier if you split the car into segments and wash it. Start with the roof—wash and rinse— and then move to the windows, rear, and so on.
- Clean the doors and boot with a damp cloth.
- Use a brush or sponge on the wheels.
A pressure washer makes the job a lot easier but may result in long-term paint damage. If you decide to use it, make sure to keep a distance from the car so that the pressure won’t chip away at the paint.
Properly Dry Your Car
Never leave your car to dry on its own, under the sun. As water evaporates on its own, it leaves behind dirt and minerals, ruining all your efforts.
Drip-drying under the sun also ruins the paintwork with time. The dirt and grit chip away at the paint, making it dull.
After thoroughly washing your car, use a microfibre drying towel to dry it off. These are designed to absorb water with one swipe and won’t leave swirl marks.
Wax Your Car to Protect Your Paint Job
Car wax protects the paintwork from long-term deterioration. It essentially adds a layer of protection to the paint, keeping it looking new.
However, this protective layer wears off with time. Hence, it is recommended to wax your car every three months.
If you opt to wax the car on your own, we have some tips:
- Use a wash mitt or a waxing sponge to apply wax to the car. Using a cloth or any ordinary sponge can result in scratches and swirls.
- Wash the car thoroughly before you apply the wax.
- Keep the car out of direct sunlight when applying the wax.
- Leave the wax on the car for 20–25 minutes before wiping it off.
Remove Deposits Right Away
Water deposits leave your car looking dirty and need to be dealt with immediately. The best way to deal with them is to wash your car thoroughly.
You can also find commercial water spot removers to protect your car from water deposits. The remover is applied to the car after you wash it and serves as a protective layer.
Detail Your Car at Least Once a Year!
Car detailing is the best way to ensure you maintain the exterior and interior of the car. It includes a thorough wash, polish, and protection of your whole car.
With car detailing services, you get the following:
- Exterior: A complete car wash; use of a clay bar to get rid of anything the detergent left behind; polish application for paint protection.
- Interior: Vacuum, carpets, and mats wash; thorough wash of glass and windows; seat removal and wash; application of interior polish.
Most people opt for the service because car interior detailing helps them maintain the interior of their car as well. There are too many nooks and crannies in the interior and attempting to clean them on your own doesn’t do the trick.
Get Your Car Detailed Today!
Has your car started to lose its curbside appeal? Don’t wait and get your car detailed as soon as possible. The process will restore all of its appeals, making it appear as good as new.
Contact our expert team at Clear Water Detailing in Toronto, ON. Call us at 416-827-5424 or fill out our form to book online. We also offer a complete disinfection service with detailing, keeping you and your passengers safe from COVID-19.